[Sca-cooks] RE: Bread as Art-OT OP

Joanne Clyde jmknoppe at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:50:57 PDT 2005

An interesting article.  I can understand the motives of the artist, but I
have a hard time with people using so much "food" for art pieces or
playthings when there are people who don't have any food to eat at all.  And
that's a hard thing to say, since I can remember making "jewelry" and
Christmas ornaments out of pasta painted gold with glitter, and I've seen
play tables for pre-schoolers filled with rice.  When does food stop being
food and begin to be "play?"  A hypothetical question I guess.

This kinda leads into my question.  What do you all do with leftover food
from Feasts?  A group that I played with would take the leftovers that had
not ever gone out to tables to the local homeless shelter.  As long as the
food had been cooked and delivered within a certain time period, they would
accept it.  Does anyone else do this?

Geertruyt