[Sca-cooks] [OT][OOP] Pennsic Customs Question

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 01:41:43 PDT 2005

--- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Last I looked at the train schedules, they only stopped in Austin
> once or twice a week. Perhaps they've improved this, though.
>
> --------
>     Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas

Stefan,

According to the Amtrak website:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage

The Texas Eagle (#422), which leaves Los Angeles daily, swings through the Southwest,
including Austin, Texas and ends up in Chicago.  You then transfer to the Capitol Limited
(#30) in Chicago, which has a stop in Pittsburgh.  So according to the Amtrak schedule there
is a daily train leaving and arriving Austin Texas.  The one way trip will cost about $137
and take about 36 hours, not counting layover time.

Huette