[Sca-cooks] not-to-be-eaten pie crust

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Sep 27 16:18:09 PDT 2005

Lonnie D. Harvel wrote:

> Speaking of the "not-to-be-eaten pie crust", I remember someone on the
> list posting a recipe for such. I decided today that I would like to
> create some molded containers as part of one of my dish presentations.
> Could someone repost that for me (I was not able to find it in the
> archives)? Perhaps it is in the florilegium, I will go a-hunting there
> as well.

A simple recipe for a hot water pie crust:

1lb flour
3oz lard, or butter and lard mixed
10 fl. oz. water or beer
1 tsp salt

Put the water or beer and lard in a pot and bring to the boil, and put
the flour in a large bowl. Pour the hot liquid into the flour and mix to
combine.  Knead the dough until smooth. Mould while still warm.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?