[Sca-cooks] EK Crown Tourney Feast Menu

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Sun Apr 2 16:59:41 PDT 2006

Well, Phlip insisted that I should post this to the list...

Below is the planned menu for the EK Spring Crown Tourney, May 6 in L'Ile du
Dragon Dormant (Montreal, Qc, Canada). The menu is inspired from Nicolas
Bonnefons' "Les Délices de la Campagne" (1655) both in the choice of dishes
and in the order in which they appear. The only exception is the sour cherry
sauce, which comes from Platina, who as we all know was re-edited about a
gazillion times in France.

(which is ironic, since Bonnefons' approach to food marks a definite
departure from the Italian style. Blame it on me - cherry is my fetish
ingredient, I had to fit it in somewhere).

Budget for this feast is 8$ CAN per person.

BTW if anybody is interested in attending and need crash space let me know
and I'll try to find a place for you.

1st course:

Bread
Mushrooms in cream sauce (mushrooms, cream, wine, oranges, onions, vinegar,
spices)
Pureed peas (peas, sorrel, spinach, capers, herbs)

2nd course:

Duck pie (duck, pie dough, bacon, wine, vinegar, saltt, spices, lemon, eggs,
butter)
Cantaloup slices with sugar
Salad (various greens, vinegar, oil, sugar)

3rd course:

Lamb roast (Lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, oil or butter)
Sour cherry sauce (sour cherries in syrup, ginger, cinnamon, red wine, red
wine vinegar)
Olives, slices of orange and lemon

4th course:

Fritters (apples, pears, cottage cheese, swiss cheese, flour, wine, egs,
milk)
Preserves (strawberries, sugar)

5th course:

Salmon (slamon, cloves, butter)
Shrimps (shrimp, fish stock)
Sauce (butter, fish stock, nutmeg, lemon, more butter!!!)

6th course:

Fruits, cream, and various confections such as sugared almonds and
hazelnuts, sugar paste thingies, etc...

YIS

Petru cel paros Voda