[Sca-cooks] Savory Tosted Cheese and similar recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 14 23:57:50 PDT 2006

Talking about Savory Tosted Cheese, Anne-Marie mentioned:
====
ps...there's a very similar ramekins of cheese in la Varenne. Yum :)
====

I do have one alternative, similar dish recipe, although I'm not sure
if it is from la Varenne. So, could you post this recipe and perhaps
your redaction for it?

Here are two Florilegium files on the subject:
baked-cheese-msg  (15K)  6/18/02    Period baked cheese dishes.
cheese-goo-msg    (32K)  9/ 1/02    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.

Recently, my barony held a savory tosted cheese competition. There
were a number of interesting, but surprisingly different redactions
of this same recipe.  Some quite plausible, some not so.

However, much as I like STC, and I really do, I'd like to see some
other, similar period recipes done as well.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com