[Sca-cooks] coffee

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 22 21:43:05 PDT 2006

 > I should break out my Turkish Coffee gear and make the Brew That Is
 > True in a more historical manner, I'm thinking.  The trick is
 > finding the "ibriks" [long handled coffee pots] that don't look too
 > modern.  Getting tricky these days.  I'd also like some advice about
 > tabletop heating, a little charcoal burner maybe?
 >
 > Selene

I too, like the smell of coffee and I like the taste of coffee
flavored ice cream. And I've like the chocolate covered coffee beans
I've had.

However, the two times I've had coffee in my life, once back in
college and once at Pennsic, the "standard" coffee seemed rather
watery and dilute like it was missing something. Perhaps I'm just
more used to soft drinks, but I'm wondering if coffee brewed in this
"Turkish Coffee gear" or whatever might be more to my liking. If I
remember right, isn't this turkish coffee served in smaller cups?
Which to me, implies it is thicker or at least stronger.I'm not sure
if it is strength or texture/thickness which I find wanting.

Maybe I should just stick to hot chocolate.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com