[Sca-cooks] custards

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 22 22:14:45 PDT 2006

Anne-Marie mentioned:
=====
when I was a kid on the farm we would use up eggs by making custards,
sweet and savory. I learned how
to make them in the microwave by the time I was 8 :).
=====

Hmmm. I guess the custards I can think of are the sweet kind, such as
a custard pie.

Unfortunately, I now tend to stay away from those because of the
sugar. I wonder if Splenda would work for those, lemon custard /
chess pies?

What are some examples of savory custards? It is possible I've had
such, but don't remember them as custards.

Do you have any favorite savory custard recipes? Especially those
that can be done in the microwave? That sounds like it might be easy
to do.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------