Protecting Traditional Origins - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Hot offthepresses: A new Feudal Gourmet pamphlet!

Jeff Elder scholari at verizon.net
Sat Apr 1 02:29:37 PST 2006

Yeah,  sweet onions are just to delicate to travel longer distances.  I hate
to say it but I think (IMHO) that the Maui Onions are the best, and Walla
Wallas a close second.  Both nearly as sweet as apples.  Vidalias, well they
are ok, getting more of an onion flavor to them.  Miss the days of living
next to an onion field in Walla Walla.  Going out and getting scallions when
they were young, and then buying a sack of them from the farmer as they were
harvested.  Mmmmm, He knew about the scallions to, we kept the wild dogs and
such out of his fields.

Grown in good volcanic soil!

Simon Hondy
"Cum Omni humilitate