[Sca-cooks] Need advice/suggestion for counter top

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Sat Apr 1 20:26:14 PST 2006

On 01/04/06 00:13, "grizly" <grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I don't follow your problem mecganics exactly well . . . I cannot picture it
> in my brain.

Here goes: the counter is pretty standard (runs along 2 kitchen walls then
protrudes perpendicular, separating kitchen from dining room). Where the
counter divides the two rooms, there is a roughly 30" side square hole.
That's where the cooking plate used to be.

For esthetic and practical reason, I want this hole filled in :-)

Hence, I was considering fitting one (or possibly 2) cutting board in this
whole instead of replacing all the counter tops in the kitchens, cause I'm
not sure I'll be able to find the same design in store.

Bear suggested the cool drawer, which is actually a neat idea, except that
my girlfriend was reading that over my shoulder and said no :-)

Any ideas, or suggestions, are welcome.

The problem with the cutting board are mostly which material to use and
which finish to select.

Petru