Protecting Traditional Origins - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Hotoffthepresses: A new Feudal Gourmet pamphlet!

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 2 08:29:16 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
<<<SNIP>>>
>Another less local example is the 'Parma' products in Italy.  Gotta be from
>the right region and right cows to get proscutto di parma and parmegianno
>regianno. >>>>
>niccolo
Cows-----proscutto  dir parma.  The pigs will be relieved to know
another victim has been found.
Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir * * * * * * * * *

I apologize for leaving out the intervening connection.  Yeah, you gots to
have a hog to make a ham.  Thing is you have to have the right red cows to
make the cheese and use the by-products to the hogs to make the sweet meat.
So, I hold the cows aloft as the principal difference here.  Sure, the soil
composition and air quality and all are important as well . . . .and the
hogs.

niccolo difrancesco
(did you see the Mario Eats Italy show where they had thousands of hams
hanging
on racks in warehouses the size of foorball fields!?!?)