[Sca-cooks] Re: Congratulations Iasmin ;-)

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 5 13:15:21 PDT 2006

Susan Fox wrote:

>> I have to say that I'd be pretty unhappy about that.  I'd be annoyed
>> by being pulled out of a kitchen (where, for all anyone knows I'm in
>> the middle of doing my best work ever). And I'd be _extremely_ upset
>> by being surprised with a peerage.
>>
> I'm surprised that Huette has not yet chimed in.  It was 25 years ago
> that she was pulled of the kitchen for her Laurel, back when
> candidates were not warned.  She almost didn't come out, it too two
> tries to extract her as I recall.

I don't know what the norm is elsewhere, but Lochac doesn't do ambush
peerages.  I'd be absolutely beside myself if it happened.  I'm not even
certain whether I'd want to *accept* a peerage, and I'd have to make the
decision on the spot.  And add to that being straight from the kitchen.
No, thank you-- in filthy clothes and tears is _not_ my idea of a good
experience.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,