[Sca-cooks] finger foods and primative sites

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 6 07:27:58 PDT 2006

Thanks, the apple walnut tarts sound good (as does everything else but I love that combination)

  -Muiriath

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
  Muiriath mentioned:
====
Actually simple easy to take foods for Their Majesties. Mostly
individual servings of quiche/tarts, bite sized cheeses, fruits etc.
Her Majesty requested some sort of stew in a bread bowl too. Neither
wants a sit down type of lunch, so I will work around making sure the
foods are bite size and portable.
====

Perhaps these Florilegium files might have some useful ideas:

finger-fd-fst-art (13K) 9/15/98 A light supper feast using finger
foods.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/finger-fd-fst-art.html
picnic-feasts-msg (12K) 7/ 6/01 Ideas for light, picnic style
feasts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/picnic-feasts-msg.html
finger-foods-msg (24K) 9/ 2/02 Ideas for finger foods at feasts
and events.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/finger-foods-msg.html

The files on sideboards in the FEASTS section might also have some
good ideas.

===
The kitchen I have to work with at least has a sink :)
===

I'm not sure if this one will help. It may have more info about
outside type feasts, but it may have some helpful ideas on handling
cleaning and such:
prim-sit-fsts-msg (8K) 4/ 6/01 Preparing feasts at primative sites
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/prim-sit-fsts-msg.html

Stefan
--------
Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas