[Sca-cooks] Funeral foods ...

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 09:09:57 PDT 2006

I'm going to make a guess here - warning - just a guess - that "pies
left over from the funeral" were probably made from whatever was
normally served from the kitchen during that season and according to the
wealth of the family.  Foods that have to do with some part of the
ceremony and/or the body are more specific, but foods to feed the
mourners and funeral attendees would be more along the practical lines.
- end of guess -
Christianna