[Sca-cooks] Lutefisk and strange dreams...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 09:19:48 PDT 2006

Sue Clemenger wrote:
> In a phrase, yes it is.  That bad.  At least, to my nose.  Dunno about the
> cheese--don't think I've ever seen or smelled it.
> It's that awful gelatinous texture, though, that really gets to me.
> <<shudders violently>>  I freely admit that my personal bias against foods
> that are slimy or gelatinous probably means that I miss out on some tasty
> treats, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice. ;o)
> --maire, who grew up in an area settled by Norwegians, and who was, as a
> child, exposed to lutefisk a few times...
I have to admit that I'm right there with you, sister!  My eggs have to
be cooked to a point where the white is solid, I can eat oysters anyway
at all except raw, and the slime was one of the reasons I could never
deal with my grandmother's souse.  I'm sure it is quite good, but I
can't get past the texture.

Kiri