[Sca-cooks] Cooking Feasts without a Kitchen

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Mon Apr 10 14:33:52 PDT 2006

Oh I never said I wouldn't want to do it, but I thought it best to ask those who had some experiance so I don't make stupid mistakes.

  I enjoy a challenge.

  -Muiriath

Adele de Maisieres <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
  Susan Fox wrote:

> Kiri wrote;
>
>> What she said...especially for a Coronation! Usually, you want to do
>> something really fancy/spiffy for these kinds of things. I could see
>> it for a Crown Tourney, where the emphasis is on fighting...do a
>> warm, hearty stew, a few veggies, some bread, cheese, fruit...and
>> maybe some sweets. But not for Coronation!
>>

> I'm beginning to mull over the notion of pizza and where can we get
> 300 non-tomato pizzas delivered in West L.A. If the king ain't happy,
> ain't nobody happy, n'est-ce pas?

Yecch! Taking the tomato off doesn't make it period food!
(Seriously-- if you feel it's not do-able and you don't want to go
there, the way to say no is to say no.)

>> Those cajun cookers Papa G referred to in his message are a godsend.
>> We call them "flame-throwers", but it's the same thing. They give
>> you the power you need to be able to heat large quantities of stuff.
>> And the "seal-a-meal" things are wonderful as well...we use them for
>> Pennsic instead of the large containers I used to carry with stews,
>> etc., in them and it makes reheating and cleanup SO much easier.
>>
> Got both of these. I've offered them up, as well as a nice outdoor
> pavilion and washing station. The former, well it's not like we need
> to sleep in it, plenty of room and walls that shelter period eyes from
> modern necessities. The latter is based around big-ass stock pots, of
> which I 've got three, and a dedicated propane stove for heating up
> the wash water. All we need is a legal grey water dump and I'm ready
> to rock and roll.

That doesn't sound so bad-- if you can get some large tables or
freestanding benches to prep on, it might be OK.

--
Adele de Maisieres