[Sca-cooks] What happened to the archives?

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 10 19:40:39 PDT 2006

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>>I had a request to do a simple meal for Lochac Crown once!  Want to know
>>what I did with it?  ;-)
>>

>Yes!  I hope that it is a tale about how you gave them a gloriously elaborate meal
>for little money, and needing few resources and wowwed everyone with how indescribably
>delicious period food is?

Well, it's not quite as exciting as all that.  THL Terese (my partner in
cooking) and I flew into Ildahfn (Auckland, New Zealand) from Southron
Gaard (Christchurch) to do the plebs feast (the event had a small
"victory feast" and another one for everyone else).  It had been
suggested to us that we might like to do something simple (ie stew and
rice). The budget was quite reasonable, but there was _no_way_ we were
going all that way just to make stew at our first Kingdom-event feast.
Anyway, I can't remember the whole menu-- it was a bit of a blur.  But
there were sausages from a recipe in Sabina Welserin, strawberry and
custard tarts, spatchcocks with a green sauce, salad, compost, chick
peas in almond milk... it wasn't vastly elaborate, but it was very
respectable.

I don't think we got much wow factor for the deliciousness of period
food, though.  The meal we did was reasonably period, but people here
are pretty used to period dishes.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,