[Sca-cooks] Sausage Making

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sat Apr 15 17:57:49 PDT 2006

Being a pure city girl (as my Southern husband like to point out) I think the hardest part will be handling the casings.  I hate touching inards and such. Even just taking out the gizzards and liver etc from a roasting chicken. They may be in a bag but I still don't like it.

  The wimpy one
  -Muiriath

Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
  As others have said, sausage-making is labor-intensive, but not
difficult. I have made sausage for feasts and dayboards 3 or 4 times,
and they were well-received on each occasion. I think it's one of those
dishes that impresses people, but (at least in my area) is fairly cheap
to make, DO order casings in advance. One of my local supermarkets
carries them, but they're not always in stock. The local Italian pork
store sells them, too, but in large quantities only.

--

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net