[Sca-cooks] Really Spiffy Decorated Eggs

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 04:25:26 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/16/2006 12:23:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:

<<it is very important that
you do not break the egg.   You will know that the good luck has escaped
because of the pluperfectally  ghastly smell!>>

Sometimes they break themselves quite a while after being made.  I  came home
from Pennsic once to find a terrible smell in the living room,  centering
near the fireplace.  It took me a while to realize that my  pysanky egg was
missing - or rather, in a heap of rubble on the mantelpiece,  with splatters of
what used to be egg guts up to the 8 foot high ceiling and 6  or 8 feet away on
the walls.  It must have been quite the explosion;  sometimes later I found a
piece of shell on the soffit over the living room  window, a good 8-10 linear
feet from where the egg had been sitting and a bit  higher up...

Brangwayna Morgan