[Sca-cooks] Re: Bundt Cake Contest

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Tue Apr 18 12:11:58 PDT 2006

> Nordic Ware is doing a contest....
> Bakers from around the country will be asked to submit Bundt recipes
> that reflect their state, i.e. a submission from Georgia could be a
> "peach" themed cake....
> Johnnae

So how would everyone represent their home state?

Since I'm in NJ, I'm thinking tomatoes and mobsters.  A vanilla cake with
cranberries (I think NJ is the cranberry capitol; and besides tomatoes inside
cake??!!) baked inside, green icing dribbled on top (to repesent toxic waste)
and little fondant mobsters climbing on the sides. Maybe a gay governor coming
out of the center hole.

Too bad I only make bundt cakes for shiva calls. I know it's a strange thing,
but for some reason that's the only time I have ever seen people eat them.

:)
Elisabetta
I'm not that weird, really!!!