[Sca-cooks] OOP Celebrity Cooking Showdown

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 18 13:47:39 PDT 2006

SilverR0se at aol.com wrote:
> Well, my culinary camrades, what did you think of this show last night?
>
> Is it just me or was it a want-to-be Iron Chef with just a touch of the Dotch
> Cooking Show?
>
> And am I just out of touch? Over that Patti LaBell I've never heard of any of
> these celebrities...
>
> Renata

I didn't even watch it.  It just didn't sound like a real cooking
show...more like a way for NBC to get folks who don't know much about
cooking to watch a show that they thought those of us who do might
watch...real cooks don't draw the ordinary audience, but non-broadcast
channels have been drawing audiences to their cooking competitions.  So
they figured that if they put celebrities on there, it would draw both
audiences.  Just my take on it!

Kiri