[Sca-cooks] Royal scions

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 19:36:04 PDT 2006

Carol Smith wrote:
> Here in the East we have Akhbar ibn Murad, who succeeded his father back in
> the single-digit years.  Gee, they're even more ancient than I am! :)
>
> Regards,
> Brekke

Boy, now that brings back memories.  I never knew his father, but I did
know Duke Akhbar...and his lady wife (name escapes me at the minute).
I"ll never forget that, at one of my first events...also back in the
single-digit years...I had made a kosode out of a lovely Japanese print
and was so very proud of it.  At the event, I was talking to someone,
when Akhbar's wife came running across the room, dragging him behind her
and pointing to my robe.  She said, "See!  That's the fabric I want for
our living room sofa!"  Wow...and that was over 20 years ago...maybe 25
years ago!!!

Kiri