[Sca-cooks] Re: Food-related Meta-Issue

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 19:38:52 PDT 2006

--- Tom Vincent <tomrvincent at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't understand why everyone wants to focus on the *worst* traits of period monarchs rather
> than on the best.
>
>   We don't poison each other at feasts, do we?

Well, not lately, but I have seen it done.  Watch out for passionate French kisses that
pass maraschino cherries...

>   We don't collapse from the plague at events, do we?

Sometimes.  Plague tournaments can be a lot of fun.  I did one as a fund raiser.
One of our local "saints" would heal the sick ... for a fee.  He also sold bouquets
of "plaguebane" ... for a fee.  And the children had fun, passing the plague around...
We also have plague rat races...

>   We don't rape and loot the camps of others at Pennsic or Estrella, do we?

Not us.  But it has happened at both wars...  We think it was the locals...

Huette