[Sca-cooks] Verjus

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 10:14:37 PDT 2006

Because the one they currently have for sale on both
their website and in their paper mailer advertise it
as Gewurztraminer - and every bottle I have ever
purchased has been such.  Follow this url:
http://www.navarrowine.com/shop/

You will see about halfway down under the
Non-alcoholic section that they are offering both the
Gewurztraminer and the Pinot Noir.

Baroness Eibhlin

Why would you say it's a Gewürztraminer when they
clearly say it's a
Chardonnay?

  Duriel

Kathleen Madsen <kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Yup, we tend to buy them out of their last case or
two
every year when an event is held just a few miles from
the winery. Our Beltane celebration. I have also
found an alternate source of very fine artisanal
verjus that is made by a very nice lady in Sonoma.
It's called Terra Sonoma and can be found here:

http://www.terrasonoma.com/

BTW, the Navarro verjus is actually a gewurztraminer
grape, not a chardonnay. They also make a pinot noir
version which is a red rather than a white.

Eibhlin, Baroness of Vinhold (Napa, CA), which would
explain the persnickitiness of the grape thing. ;)