[Sca-cooks] A Zero Waste Pennsic OR Pennsic without a Trash Can

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Apr 20 11:07:32 PDT 2006

> Surprised by the sight of trashbags piled twice as high as you are? Ever
> wonder what the history books will say about you and your 15 visits to
> Pennsic based on archeological evidence from excavations of the 500 year old
> trash found in the Butler County landfill in 2507? Concerned about the
> amount of stuff we add to landfills?
>
> If so, have some discussions this year with your camping groups about how
> the upcoming Pennsic could be A Zero Waste Pennsic, and how your group can
> change things to
> avoid adding items to the landfill. Please feel free to forward the entire
> post to other regional and local groups for discussion.

Is there a central clearing point where this discussion has been
happening? The person who runs my camp, Jeff the Brewer, is a basically
zero-waste guy, and he's got all kinds of ideas for reducing Pennsic
waste in encampments and generally.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman