[Sca-cooks] Pizzelles

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 20 15:09:06 PDT 2006

On 4/20/06 2:19 PM, "Fairy Tale Designs" <avrealtor at prodigy.net> wrote:

> Making some right now, thought I would make everyone drool (besides the whole
> political thread is giving me a headaceh)
>
> -Muiriath

I have to growl now.  Grrr.

So, any interesting recipe or equipment?  What are you serving them with?

I have a very un-period high-protein, no-wheat recipe when I'm doing the
Atkins thang:

SOY PIZZELLE

Based loosely on ATKINS BASIC PANCAKES
[from: DR ADKINS' NEW DIET REVOLUTION]

1/2 cup soy powder [aka soy flour]

3 eggs

1/2 cup cream

1/4 teaspoon salt

cooking oil [Note: spray pan after each pizelle]

Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender plus your choice of flavorants:

1 package taco seasoning mix

1 teaspoon garlic salt, etc. whatever floats your boat

2 packets Splenda + 1 teaspoon vanilla + a dusting of cinnamon, poudre
douce or other sweet spices

3 heaping teaspoons Sugar-Free Nesquik

Bake by the Tablespoon on pizzelle iron, according to your model's
instructions.

Selene