[Sca-cooks] Pizzelles and snow

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 20 21:14:13 PDT 2006

OK will update when I get around to them. We have a huge demo this weekdn so i am going to be a bit busy.

  As for the texture of the batter, I had done a scallion crepe (modern ) recipe some years back that might lend itself.  Might try some parsley also.

  I have quite a few sweet pizzelle recipe but not too many savory.

  -Muiriath

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
  Muiriath mentioned about pizzelles:
=====
Though I am wondering if I should some savory recipes (like green
onion crepes or a cornbread one)
=====

If you try either of these, I'd like to hear how they come out. I
suspect you are going to have real problems getting them to come out
in one piece. I suspect they are going to be way too crumbly.

=====
Or roll them into a cone and fill with a light custard
=====

I guess you could, but I'd go with the lighter "snow" myself. Plus I
believe there is some evidence in period of wafers being served with
snow. I think you can find a snow recipe in my wafers-msg file. I've
yet to create a file just on snow although I've now got a bit more
info. This is one message on snow with a recipe:

------