[Sca-cooks] Wines at a Feast

morses3 at aol.com morses3 at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 10:14:35 PDT 2006

 <snip>

"But, usually the best way to listen does not involve a
constantly open mouth, or in this case, keyboard.

Phlip"

Good-but ironic-advice.

Back to the topic, I've attended and helped at several feasts here in Atlantia where the head cook has had a "suggested" wine list to go with the food being served. While I'm not much of a wine drinker, I think it's a nice touch for people eating feast if it matters to them, or to those who may not have a clue about choosing wine to go with the food being served.

Since I don't know much about wine myself, and might be interested in doing this for a feast I'm cooking in the future, what wines would have been available in "vaguely Renaisance Venice" (the event has a planned generic Venetian theme, I'm trying to plan a feast to fit into that idea). How would the wines available at that time and place be different than what we currently have available? Any suggestions?

Geffrei