[Sca-cooks] Wines at a Feast **The New Policy**

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 11:27:51 PDT 2006

Thanks. Yes, I saw it the first time.  Maybe it's news to newbies and that's certainly important, but my question really didn't have anything to do with the SCA paying for the wine.

  Duriel

"Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:
  Just to reiterate, as my last post to the list seems to have fallen off the
face of the earth.

>According to _The Corporate Policies of the Society for Creative
>Anachronism, Inc._
>

>>VIII. POLICY ON ALCOHOL
>>
>>Manufacturing, distributing, selling, serving, or furnishing of alcoholic
>>beverages by the SCA or its branches or subdivisions is prohibited within
>>the United States and its territories.

This is from the April 7, 2006 revision Corporate Policies of the SCA, Inc.
April 7, 2006 revision, so you may not be familiar with it. Is you are in
the US, the policy is pretty clear- individuals my bring their own, but the
branch- which would include the feast cooks- may not serve or furnish alcohol.

Outside of the US, you'd have to check Kingdom policy.

And please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just passing it along.

'Lainie

Tom Vincent
Demon Prince (retired)