[Sca-cooks] Adding to the melted cheese recipes ...

Judith L. Smith Adams judifer50 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 22:47:26 PDT 2006

Judith wrote: Is a chutney-like substance of the sweet-sour cooked variety even remotely period anywhere??

 When serving 'compost' I generally bill it as chutney; it certainly
gets the idea across.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

  So, THAT's "compost" - Had been meaning to/have now checked out the Florilegium file on compost and a couple of other sites, where it's mostly described as "pickled salad."  I think of chutney (the Major Gray's sort, not the authentically Indian fresh versions) as a sweet-sour preserve.  Lots of room for variation there...
  Judith