[Sca-cooks] coffee

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Apr 23 06:56:14 PDT 2006

Wow! You guys go through a LOT of coffee!
I've developed into an equal opportunity coffee and tea drinker (bad
influence of one particular roommate), so my "good" coffee is saved for the
weekends.  I use a local blend, made from locally roasted beans.  I know
that part of it is French Roast, but there are 3 or 4 other kinds of beans
in there as well, that I don't recall at the moment.  It's the "house blend"
at Butterfly Herbs, and I make it with a moka pot, because I rarely drink
more than the one cup at a time.  It's a pretty *koff* robust coffee, and
even scares off a number of my coffee-drinking friends, but I prefer it.
Celebes is good, too...mmmmm....I've had "kona" coffee from Hawaii, and not
been that impressed, though.
I'm very lucky to be living in Missoula--we tend to take our coffee
surprisingly seriously, for a town of modest size in a relatively
low-population state.  The Raven Cafe downtown roast its own beans, and I
know they're not the only ones, from that particular smell in the air some
mornings. ;o) There's also a local/regional place north of us a couple of
hours that does a lot of coffee, and they do their own beans as well.
Missoula being the Bastion of Liberalism and 60's holdovers in our red
state, we also have a decent selection of shade-grown coffees, fair trade
coffees, etc.
Oh, my, now I've a huge jones for Sunday morning pastry and fresh
coffee...hmmm....a trip to Bernice's might be in order.....(local bakery
about a 10 min. walk from my house....;o)
--Maire