[Sca-cooks] A pleasant Italian Fish recipe

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 26 07:28:46 PDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 14:50 schrieb ysabeau:
> Sounds like a great recipe...I just want to know where anyone
> finds "fresh" fish these days if you don't catch it yourself. All
> of the fish I see at the market is frozen on the ships right after
> it is processed. The only way I can get fresh shrimp is if I make
> friends with a shrimper (back when I lived on the coast).

You have to be lucky and live near the coast, or a good freshwater fishery.

Plus, I don't know how regulations are in the USA, but here we often get live
fish sold on the market. You pick one in the basin, they spike it, gut it and
wrap it for you. That's fresher than some people are comfortable with.

Giano