[Sca-cooks] Re: food pictures from MK Spring Coronation 2006

Gaylin Walli iasmin at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 13:10:17 PDT 2006

Geffrei asked:

> How many people did you have on "garnish detail"?

Two people who had only the job of making the food look good, either
through decoration or creative plating. They roped in other people
for help along the way during the day when someone came in looking
for something to do.

Jadwiga wrote:

> I knew you were insane after the 500 little bottles of bruise balm,
> but
> this far surpasses that. I wanna be 1/10th as good as you when I grow
> up...

LOL! yeah, well, did you see the 600+ jars of Apician "salt money" we
used to pay all of the Midrealm allies the next year? :) I still need
to finish writing up that research for a CA someday...

And for the record, I can't claim credit for this feast at all. I was
just the sous chef (second in command). Dame Hauviette d'Anjou was
head cook. We worked pretty closely together and she would agree with
me, I'm sure, that without many many other people on staff, none of
this would be more than a wet dream for the two of us. Here's to
hoping we can circulate some more of the research info for people.
Turkish feasts aren't all that common around here and we suspect not
so much in other areas as well.

Iasmin