[Sca-cooks] sugar problems

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 10:01:19 PDT 2006

> otsisto wrote:
> > I wonder if he was ever fat and if not, if he is assuming that fat
> > people are inactive. I have seen people that are obese very
> active, physically.
> > As long as there are diversities in people, there will not be one
> > culprit or one solution to the problem.
> Let's be serious here:  For the very rare 'obese person that
> is very physically active' to exist, they're still consuming
> many more calories than they burn.  Burning 5,000 calories
> while consuming 7,500 calories in a day doesn't help lose
> weight.  Doesn't have anything to do with diversity.

Duriel, I must strongly dispute this claim:  human beings are far more
diverse than this simplistic statement might indicate. There are medical
conditions where even consuming less than 1,000 calories in a day will
have no appreciable short-term effect, and highly negative long-term
effects.

There is a saying in the Size Rights community that absolutely applies
here:  over WHOSE weight?  What is healthy for one person may be death
to another, in matters of weight as much as in any other human concern.

(Disclosure:  I am a former columnist and editorial assistant for the
now-defunct magazine _Rump Parliament_, and one might say I've got
several dogs in this here fight...)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |