[Sca-cooks] smoked fish was preparing foods tourney side

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 6 18:26:05 PDT 2006

Aislinn asked Selene:
<<< Hey Selene, where do you live? Smoked mullet is a delicacy here
in Tampa
Bay, esp. Pasco County where I live. It's very inexpensive and one
fileted
smoked fish will make enough fish spread to eat on crackers for a
week. >>>

Is this smoked mullet actually smoked enough that it preserves it?
Here in Austin, Central Market often sells one or two types of smoked
fish. One is usually labeled as just "smoked white fish". Both of
these types of fish still need to be refrigerated, so I assume the
smoking is just for taste and not preservation purposes.

<<< I could bring some for you to Gulf Wars. >>>

I'm afraid Selene lives in that far off mythical? land called
Southern California. Of course if you can get her to come to Gulf
Wars, then we would all benefit. :-)

You did indicate in an email that you wouldn't be coming to
Pennsic. :-( Rven if Selene doesn't come to the next Gulf Wars, you
could still bring some of those smoked mullet for the rest of us. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com