[Sca-cooks] Weight vs Cups

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 7 14:55:48 PDT 2006

Presumably there are 4 ounces in 1 cup of powdered sugar, 8 ounces in a cup
of granulated white sugar, and 6 ounces in a cup of brown sugar.  There will
be a lot of variation depending on how tightly the sugar is packed.  I'm not
sure what the weight difference is between powdered sugar with and without
cornstarch.

Bear