[Sca-cooks] Peanut butter and???

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 9 12:54:32 PDT 2006

grizly wrote:
> [...]
I think I may have one around here somewhere. Just checked my favorite
Virginia cookbook, "Virginia Hospitality" from the Women's League of
Hampton Roads, VA.  I've not tried this particular recipe, but know that
every recipe I've made from this book is excellent...so.....

Cream of Peanut Soup

2 ribs celery,chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 T flour
2 C. chicken broth
1 C. milk
1 C. light cream
1 C peanut butter
salt and pepper
paprika

Brown celery and onions in butter.  Add flour and chicken broth, and
bring to a boil.  Add milk and cream.  Strain.  Add peanut butter and
simmer for 5 minutes.  Season to taste.  Yields 6 servings or 8 cups.

Kiri