[Sca-cooks] Threat Levels at Airports

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 10 08:15:12 PDT 2006

Sharon Gordon wrote:
>> For those of you flying in to Pennsic, you need to know that the threat
>> levels at US airports have been raised to the highest level.  This means
>> increased security, time waiting in line for security checks, etc.
>> Also...you are now forbidden to take any kind of liquid or gel
>> (including toothpaste!!) in your carry-on luggage.
>>

> Wow, so this means infants and toddlers can't eat or drink for the duration
> of the flight unless the mother is actively breastfeeding during the flight
> as you couldn't bring expressed breast milk or any sort of baby food since
> it's in paste/gel form and juice in liquid form.  <snip
> No one could give or take any liquid medications during the flight either.

They are announcing on the radio in Los Angeles that baby formula and
prescription medication will be manually checked before boarding.
> Do alcoholic beverages or soda survive in noncarryon luggage?

I would not chance it.  But the airlines are allowed to stock their own
bottled goods, just not passengers.

So I suppose that all good LA people should buy drinks for the British
fans who had to fly over with no bottled fluids...  hehehe.  Maybe not
but this will be my excuse for buying drinks for cute British guys at
WorldCon in a couple of weeks.

Selene