[Sca-cooks] Threat Levels at Airports

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Thu Aug 10 12:59:27 PDT 2006

tom.vincent at yahoo.com wrote:
> Oh, how wonderful it would be to have a republic run by *people* again!
>
> And to be able to protest a war or a president without being arrested, sent to a secret prison or a 'Free Speech Zone'!
> Remember when the *whole country* was a Free Speech Zone?

Actually, what really alarms me is that the US government's current
foreign policy is roughly that if they don't like the government of the
country I live in, they can invade and occupy it;  if I, a civilian, do
anything to resist, I can be declared a terrorist or "enemy combatant,"
kidnapped, and detained indefinitely in a military prison somewhere like
Guantanimo Bay.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,