[Sca-cooks] More Python food references, was, Fwd: for Duriel :-)

Phil Troy / G.Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Aug 14 07:12:37 PDT 2006

> From: "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
> <adamantius.magister at verizon.net>
> Date: August 14, 2006 10:00:44 AM EDT
> To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] for Duriel :-)
>

> On Aug 14, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Stephanie Ross wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the laugh this morning 'Lainie, that is one of my
>> favourite
>> Monty Python skits, and it's still funny in print. It helps when
>> you've
>> seen it enough times to see it in your head as you read the
>> words!! Hey,
>> here's a thought! Have you guys ever discussed "Food in Monty
>> Python" as
>> the wacky Pennsic sidebit any year? There has to be other food
>> mentioned
>> than just crunchy frog.
>
> Spam, dead mothers (I guess this one is debatable), and alien
> tennis-playing blanc manges come immediately to mind.
>
> Adamantius

Sorry to respond to myself, but I've decided the mother thing is
legit. She's referred to as "an eater", and it is suggested she'd be
delicious with a few French fries, a little broccoli, and stuffing.
Also rat tart, albatrosses and other cinema concession treats, a
plethora of baked bean references, and the cheese the mice men are
'handin' 'round.

Non-Python Honorable mentions go to Peter Cook's (hey, nice name!)
and Dudley Moore's Frog and Peach Restaurant Sketch, and Alexei
Sayle's "The Giant Tin Of Crab Paté That Time Forgot", a.k.a. The
Invasion of the Bendy Toys.

Adamantius