[Sca-cooks] Favorite Food Gift Ideas

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 14 07:24:05 PDT 2006

I will ceertainly check the florilegium for articles, but I am also
interested in people's recent ideas of nmostly non-perishable food items
used as gifts.  Also slow to perish items.  I am building some gift ideas
for a gift closet for my wife and me to dole out for apprciation gifts, and
am stuck for NEW ideas.  I have the following ideas that I use over and
again:

powder forte, poder douce, hypocras spice, various mustard sauces, and whole
spices such as long pepper, ceylon cinnamon and saffron (for those who have
never used them especially)

What other very simple food-related gift ideas has anyone recently used that
connects to our food hobby.  Food, generosity, appreciation and gifting to
me are all intertwined, so I live with them that way.

niccolo difrancesco