[Sca-cooks] Purslane

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Aug 16 08:19:57 PDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Sue Clemenger wrote:

> No purslane recipes, but I *do* have 3 healthy sorrel plants, and
> outside of
> chopping up a few leaves for additions to a salad, or putting them
> in a
> tart, what else can I do with them?
> --Maire

The Classical French Thing To Do would be to cook them like spinach
(possibly up to and including pureeing them with plenty of butter to
cut some of the sourness), and serve the resulting tangy green goop
with things like warm poached fish, or quenelles, and suchlike rich
but delicate stuff, as a combination bed/sauce.

Adamantius