[Sca-cooks] Too Healthy to Post?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Aug 17 12:48:44 PDT 2006

At 11:26 AM 8/17/2006, you wrote:
>I am currently working on new garb for a couple upcoming events.  On top
>of that, I am waiting for my cucumber garden to produce more than enough
>cucumbers it seems than I can handle.  I will be searching very soon for a
>couple good and simple pickle recipes.  I have only done home made
>jams/jellies, so this will be an interesting experience.  Probably
>preparing me for the large quantity of roma tomatoes that will be spilling
>forth soon as well.
>
>   Alexa

Once upon a time (uh, about 15 or 16 years ago), I had a brain fart and
planted SIXTEEN Roma plants. Late August, I was awash in tomatoes! I canned
tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes, and they lasted through January. My older
daughter even remembers how good they were. She also remembers playing
outside all day for days on end because our apartment (upstairs, natch) was
unbearably hot and steamy from all the canning. I remember that too, though
I try to forget...

'Lainie