[Sca-cooks] More Python food references, was, Fwd: for Duriel :-)

Phil Troy / G.Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 17 16:52:18 PDT 2006

On Aug 17, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Adele de Maisieres wrote:

> SilverR0se at aol.com wrote:
>
>> "Life of Brian" has a whole bunch of stadium snacks food - that
>> may be where
>> the crunchy frog is from.
>>

> Nope.  "Crunchy frog" was one of the sweets in the "Whizzo Quality
> Assortment", a skit on the M.P. Tv show-- others were Ram's Bladder
> Cup,
> Cockroach Cluster, and Anthrax Ripple.

What about "Spring Surprise"? Kids today. Tsk tsk.

But yes, the concept of "Crunchy Frog" predates The Life of Brian by
at least ten years or so.

BTW, I am in a position to inform you all that White's Tree Frogs
aren't phased in the least by the Crunchy Frog sketch. They say,
"We're toxic. It says it on the bottom of the box, after 'monosodium
glutemate'."

Adamantius