[Sca-cooks] Images of Dining in Ireland 1581

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Aug 22 08:47:25 PDT 2006

At 07:50 AM 8/22/2006, you wrote:

>Or like saying that finding  banana peel in middens is new "proof" that
>medieval English people ate bananas.  Or that The giant found in Piltdown
>was the "missing link" of human evolution . . . or that guy who
>intentionally planted a hoax human corpsish thing, and finally admitted it
>was a hoax when it was found, and the scientific community wouldn't listen
>to him.
>
>niccolo

There is in the upper midwest (I think Minnesota, but I'm not certain) a
runestone- a runestone that was marvelled over by 'experts' and was thought
to be 'evidence' that Scandahoovians (Leif Erickson types) had once settled
there. And then a bunch of Scan Studies graduate student came forward and
revealed that it was a hoax- that they had made it on a lark.

And there are still 'experts' who believe that it is genuine, and they are
still arguing about the meaning of the text on the damn rock.

'Lainie