[Sca-cooks] Writing your favorite recipe in a period style

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 04:51:53 PDT 2006

    No, not really.  The charm of peppers is that they grow is such a wide variety of climate and soil conditions.  I get good peppers here in the MD/PA/DE area, on par with the ones I enjoyed back in AZ and CA.  Good ones are grown in LA, of course, TX, NM...all through the South, West, Midwest & Mid-Atlantic.  Don't know about the North Plain states.

  Funny thing is that, like fish, growers tend to rename pepper varieties, especially after drying/smoking.  For example, the Chipotle doesn't actually exist as a separate pepper:  It's just a smoked Jalapeno.

  Duriel

"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

On Aug 22, 2006, at 5:50 PM, Tom Vincent wrote:

> It's an Anaheim grown in Hatch, NM.

Thanks! I finally did a search and found that out. Is the fact that
they're from Hatch indicative of some particular quality?

Adamantius