[Sca-cooks] OOP But Interesting

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Aug 24 09:48:04 PDT 2006

At 06:16 AM 8/24/2006, you wrote:
>Meatcake!
>
>http://www.blackwidowbakery.com/demo/meatcake/
>
>Laurensa
>strangely intrigued....

Regina has been on Atkins on and off the past couple of years (on and off
because it is next to impossible to travel- on business- and keep to the
diet), and for her 57th birhtday, I threw a 'Steak and Sauce' party for
her. We all had steaks, and there was sauces galore- Heinz 57, A-1, and an
array of period sauces (my fave was the Yellow Poivre). There was salad,
and potatoes for the omnivores. And Morwyn brought the cake. Was terrific.
We sat down with the candles, Regina blew them out, and Morwyn served her a
slice. Regina's face was kind of the 'I'll eat it to be polite' as she got
the plate with a nice dense 'spice cake' with raisins. Until she took her
first bite.

It was meatloaf. :-)

Looked like spice cake, all right- dense meatloaf (blend of beef and pork)
with chopped olives for the 'raisings', and piped 'frosting' a mix of cream
cheese and chevre. I wish we'd gotten pictures. It was a birthday to remember!

'Lainie