[Sca-cooks] OOP: Query on Steak Smothered In Onions...

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 25 08:25:49 PDT 2006

My memories of something similar are both from down
Oklahoma way and a restaurant my mother worked at
in Montana.

Basically there are grills here, which I'm sure you folk in
New Yawk are familiar with, where they have a large griddle
that has an eternal pile of onions constantly turning golden.
My memory of an "onion steak" or "onion burger" is the meat,
unbreaded, fried in the grease over by the onion pile so the
essence of sautee'd onion permeates the meat and then
the steak or burger is served with a topping of onions cooked
to how you wished them, from nearly raw to blackened.

Good stuff.

Gunthar