[Sca-cooks] Sugar problems

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 20:21:41 PDT 2006

orange juice, chicken soup, dill pickles and V8/tomato juice are good
> replenishers.
> Check with the Chirurgeons for diabetic sports drinks.
> Though a little expensive, Alacer (makers of Emer'gen-C) makes Electro mix
> (lemon/lime flavor)
> Sodium free, calorie free and sugarfree. One packet makes 1 liter of
drink.

I had a friend who was experimenting with making sekunjabin with nutrasweet
years ago. I wonder what sekunjabin would be like with splenda, stevia or
sucrose (isn't sucrose or fructose better for diabetics than plain sugar?)?
Can you make a decent sugar syrup using sucrose or frustose, maybe even
with half splenda? Lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, splenda with a dash of
salt. Would it be drinkable? I hate artificial sweeteners, so it's doubtful
I'd try it. Stevia tastes pretty "green", like the plant it is, but I don't
think it would be bad with lemon juice, or even mint.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.