[Sca-cooks] sugar problems

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 22:19:55 PDT 2006

Err, please to note that "sucrose" in the USA is standard "table
sugar"
and may occur in multiple forms. (Cane, corn syrup, beet, etc.)

Did you mean perhaps "sucralose" instead (generic name for the
ingredient that makes Splenda or Altern different, and is added to
dextrose and maltodextrin in those products)?

Oops, no, I meant other forms of natural sugar. One of the -ose s, like
fructose is sugar from fruit. Actually, I think it WAS dextrose that I
meant. I don't know much about different sugars because sucrose :) works
for me. I avoid the artificial sweeteners. I am leery of Splenda because
Nutrasweet is pure poison and saccharine causes cancer in lab rats. I don't
trust the chemical corporations to not try marketing a new brand of poison
as artificial sweetener. I can accept that saccharine has a risk because I
know the risk when I ingest it, and I have often used saccharine in the
past. Nutrasweet was marketed as this perfect sweetener but causes so many
bad side effects, and the company who makes it won't own up to it. It was
put in practically everything back in the '90's and for awhile there were
no other choices for diet sodas but aspartame. I object to the
force-feeding of it to the masses and using people as guinea pigs. I don't
let my kids anywhere near diet sodas. I firmly believe that "diet" sodas
with aspartame are a major part of the reason why America is so obese. I
personally know people whose health and life has been harmed by Nutrasweet.
My firend has grand mall seizures that need daily medication and she is
deaf because of a brain tumor that was removed. The seizures started after
she spent a few months in college drinking Crystal Light to the exclusion
of all other drinks because she was a gymnast and needed to keep her weight
down. Another friend I convinced to give up her diet coke for awhile to see
if she could get her blood sugar stabilized. It happened almost immediately
and she won't drink it now. It wasn't easy for her to stop drinking it
either because she was actually addicted to diet coke. Check out this
website for Nutrasweet horror stories if you care to -
http://www.dorway.com/#truth . There is also information on what aspartame
is made of, symptoms it causes and who markets it. Scary stuff.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.