[Sca-cooks] lo-cal sekanjabin

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 2 22:44:22 PDT 2006

Laurensa commented:
<<< I've made both mint sekanjabin and ginger syrup using Splenda and
couldn't really tell the difference.>>>

However, is this just in the dilute stage or as a syrup? I have
little trouble that you can get a low calorie version of sekanjabin
that tastes like the sekanjabin made using sugar syrup.

But one of the advantages of sekanjabin, and I assume the ginger
syrup, is that you can make up the syrup and set it aside
indefinitely without it spoiling. Then just add water to dilute it
and drink it.

Can you do the same using the artificial sweeteners?  If not, it
still makes a useful beverage for those of us who shouldn't have the
sugar syrup version, but it doesn't quite serve the same purpose.

<<< I'll be bringing sekanjabin--some made with sugar and some with
Splenda--to
Pennsic, though I plan to label the Splenda version as Iocain Syrup so
campmates with a problem with artificial sweeteners know not to drink
it. >>>

...And where will you be camping?  :-)

Stefan
--------